General Gastroenterology Clinic
Dr Barnardo is able to offer screening (including bowel cancer screening), diagnosis and treatment for diseases that affect any part of the digestive system. This includes the oesophagus, stomach and small intestine through to the colon, rectum and anus.
- Abdominal pain
- Heartburn Difficulty swallowing
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Barrett’s oesophagus
- Coeliac disease/gluten sensitive enteropathy
- Bowel cancer
- Colonic polyps
- Functional bowel disorders
- Liver disease
- Abnormal liver blood tests
- Fatty liver disease
- Viral liver disease
- Alcohol and liver disease (Cirrhosis)
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (Steatohepatitis & Steatosis)
Dr Barnardo is able to offer a specialist IBS clinic run in partnership with The Functional Gut Clinic.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a term used to describe a whole host of symptoms which can have a variety of causes. Adrian is keen to help patients to find the underlying cause for these symptoms.
The aim of the IBS clinic is to combine his extensive knowledge with dieticians and physiologists in a team environment to target the best treatment to manage this condition effectively.